drums please, Fab?

nice, much appreciation @'~

now go do it!

Sep 2, 16 11:44 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rMtSc2MJLcw

^ a suggested video from the you tubes

reminds me of that 'joy of making sawdust' thread or whatever it was called ... really great stuff!  if you are impatient, there's some hot joinery around 13:00 and then a small table that is pure magic around 20:00.  now I must heed my own command and do it!

Sep 2, 16 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Absolutely delicious.

Reminds me (in an old, dorky way) of the satisfaction of a precise fit of pieces when making a model.

Thanks for posting!

Sep 2, 16 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

Cheers for sharing. Appreciated!

Sep 2, 16 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

Thanks, one of my favorite things to do when I visit Japan is to ogle the joint details in the older style buildings I come across.  You don't see this stuff just in the nice places, it was everywhere at one time.  Of course there are still extremely skilled craftsmen that specialize in the tradition framing, but it's becoming a lost art.  That's not to say that those that work in the modern trades aren't extremely skilled, they are, if only because they put high value in a job well done.  

Sep 2, 16 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

I like how when they are taking it apart the joint is free as soon as the wedge falls through.

Sep 3, 16 1:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: