Archinect
anchor

2 BEDROOM AND 3 BEDROOM APRTMENT

kiruthigaabi

crit my design and find errors

Aug 24, 16 1:07 pm
chris-chitect

Is there a reason for the circles? I hate curves in living spaces unless there's a good reason for them.

Aug 24, 16 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
x intern
Round is a terrible shape for small chopped up spaces. Could be interesting if you push the idea though out an didn't try to make it look like a regular apartment on the interior. If is a school project go all the way. If real world look for a new idea.
Aug 24, 16 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I agree with the above, curved shapes for the sake of curved shapes is a fucking terrible idea. Just look at the ridiculous "dead" space in the centre... some massive vestibule to an awkward living/sitting/dinning space? I sure hope this is a first year project.

Also, you need a second set of stairs plus a solid core around the one you already have.

Aug 24, 16 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
lacalr

Where/what is the structure going to be? But if its for school then screw structural accuracy, right?

Aug 24, 16 2:07 pm  · 
 · 

For the sake of argument I'm going to assume this is a school project. I agree with x intern; if you're going to go with round, push the concept all the way. For some cool precedents, check out projects by Bertrand Goldberg and Bruce Goff.

Aug 24, 16 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

lets use circles for sake of using circles concept!

Aug 24, 16 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
cipyboy

agree with lacalr . I really hope its for school as it was posted under professional practice. unless this is a portion of the death star, change the shape and layout to hexagonal (beehive ) or something else. 

Aug 24, 16 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

which way is north? not enougj stairs for egress. why block the view with bedrooms, it should open up to the wide view via the living room.

Aug 24, 16 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
chris-chitect

Also, if this is a particularly tall tower, as I suspect it is, the balconies aren't protected and don't appear to be that hospitable. I'd place them between each of the units to keep them out of the wind, and provide some shade. 

And despite my earlier comments about the curves, Norman Foster used them in the Jameson House with the "organic suites". I don't really like the curves except in the bathrooms.  Curves can be good for circulation, but ultimately I want to sit facing my tv head on.

Aug 24, 16 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

when can we expect revisions?

Aug 25, 16 7:14 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Anything but a rectangular space doesn't work for furniture unless the room is really large and you can afford a lot of "wasted" space.

Bedrooms need closets.

Living spaces need windows.

Cabinetry comes in rectangular unit.

Etc. etc. etc.

Aug 25, 16 7:43 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Your furniture is completely out of scale.  Dining table is the size of a bistro table.  Couch and easy chairs much too small.  It's really just a glorified bubble diagram at this point.

Hopefully this is a student project (preferably high school) and not a design for an office.

Aug 25, 16 7:52 am  · 
 · 
Brud-G

For some reason this reminds me of Mickey Mouse.

Aug 25, 16 9:00 am  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

^ HAHAH!!!

"Is there a reason for the circles? I hate curves in living spaces unless there's a good reason for them."

Agreed doesn't nice with standardize tables, chairs, beds, cabintets etc....

Aug 25, 16 9:04 am  · 
 · 
chris-chitect

If you must do a curved facade, look at Chicago's lake point tower. At least you have plenty of parallel walls for furniture. 

The link has more plans. http://www.lakepointtower.org/document_view.asp?id=697

Aug 26, 16 6:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: