Archinect
anchor

First year student doubts.

Utsav

Hello I am a First year architecture student residing in Mumbai, who just started his path down the 5 year course. I am fairly clueless as to what awaits me at the end of 5 years. Please help me whether I should take a job after getting my B.Arch (My college has a placement program) or should I go for an M.Arch degree and then look for a job. If so then what area of architecture should I do my masters degree. Please also inform me about the current scene of architecture and whether in Mumbai the scope for is enough or should I look for a job in other parts of India or outside. Also, is there a need to set emphasis on some particular subjects that I should pay extra attention to? 

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Aug 13, 16 3:09 am
StarchitectAlpha

I feel as though you should get a job and work a year or so and then decide your direction with knowledge of the working world. You'll have a more realistic understanding of what working will be like and different job possibilities. Therefore instead of just getting a masters thinking your career will be all unicorns and rainbows you'll be able to target exactly what you want to do and use your masters degree to get you there.

Aug 13, 16 9:27 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

If you have summer breaks, try and look for an internship position.  You could then go straight to masters if you want.  Otherwise, work for a year or so after your B.Arch

Aug 13, 16 8:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: