Archinect
anchor

a Quinten Tarantino American Huslte type true architect action story - add to it!

awaiting_deletion

for the record (2016.07.30)

I tell this with names changed, 5+ years later ( no one cares anymore) jamming the tune played in my head if it ever happened - 3:50 minutes in.

In the city hall, an old building, on an upper floor where the toilets didn't stop running we met in a dingy room.  We walked into hot humid air, the building super started running the AC building through wall unit at the high window.

The walls were clad in 70's wood vinyl siding.   Two (2) tables for 12 were bumped together in the middle with surrounding chairs.

The Hasidics and my team sat down with the only other white guy  (besides myself) the  urban planner (seemed to be state educated)  to discuss the game plan.  A bunch of google map satellite image print-outs.

The honorable mayor walked in, we all stood up, his main man and a few secretaries followed and sat behind him in the outer row of chairs around the table.

We spent the next three (3) hours discussing this project and America and taxes.

The Hasidic with vision made our hearts melt with a pro-American speech, but the Mayor countered - I want to take care of my people.

It was clearly a political campaign item.  It's his town, his people, and who did the Hasidic's want to bring in?  probably hipsters....fuck that.

The mayor said, what about my people (black) where are their options, I want them to buy?

His side kick, a lawyer who noted he could get to Park Ave in 30 minutes....selling the place while NOT selling his people, like the mayor...

Until 5 years ago, I thought all politicians were weak intellectuals.  I thought all politicians  were stupid.  This mayor for 3 hours took everything in and figured ways to translate it for all. So in my stereotype mind to be an honest politician - you have to be a black man with a a law degree.  

Is Michelle running for president?

Drop your real urban planning story here.

Jul 30, 16 1:32 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: