Archinect
anchor

1955 - house plans (shit you can't find on el Interneto!)

awaiting_deletion

Enjoy!

Wils Elbert of Berlin does Mies's Barcelona crosses in a suburban house in Hessen, DE

the house of architect Hans Koerfer

somewhere in Denmark by Finn Juhl

Lotar Wioch does some open space

Jul 30, 16 12:27 am
xx__

why so shit quality, olaf?

Jul 30, 16 9:11 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Um... I just found these on the internet.

;o]

Jul 30, 16 11:11 am  · 
 · 
go do it

the c.a. meller? house by arne jacobsen is the best one

Jul 30, 16 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
These are sweet
Jul 30, 16 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

that paper don't scan well, will find better ways _xx

good catch "go do it" apologize for messing that up. Finn Juhl is the first two pic, then its Arne Jacobsen before Lotar Wioch.

There are some Taut and Sharoun houses in there that aren't all that exciting, but will post once I figure the scanning thing out...

Aug 2, 16 12:07 am  · 
 · 
mightyaa

If you figure it out.... I've got a Architectural Record at my desk from April 1953.  Lots of houses "Architecture of the Northwest"  Even a school, and a bank (with drive through...wow!), 

Some of the ads are funny like Otis "Autotronic 'without attendant' elevatoring"; "If a talkative passenger delays door closing too long, the doors gently, but firmly, nudge him out of the doorway."  What a bonus!

Also a very long technical article about a new fangled trend "Air Conditioning for the Modern Residence"... covers costs and financing, systems, engineering, and the advantages.  lol... running 2000 hours 100% of the time would only cost $120.  an advantage: "...it may be assumed that the family will be more inclined to stay at home... spend less for outside meals, entertainment, vacations.  And they'll feel better... enjoy home life more."  It's also "freon safe refrigerants" with their 'exceptional purity and uniformity insured by scientific, laboratory controlled methods of manufacture..."

Aug 2, 16 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

scan and post!

mightyaa, I'm intending on scanning the 1968 NYC Code (original) book this week if I get a chance, it had adds next to applicable code sections.

back to work...

Aug 2, 16 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

I've got a ton of architecture loot.  I think I have every copy of the UBC ever issued somewhere on cd already.  Every hardcopy book since 1970.  Need a Kohler drafting template?  Got one.  Slide rule?  I can cover you.  Even early tech stuff like a Kroy machine, blueprint machine, Calcomp digitizers, etc. 

I'm a second generation architect; most of this was my Dad's who I think started architecture school in '56.  Basically old, old school architecture stuff.  Boxes and boxes of it.

How can I scan the old stuff without ruining the old glue bindings?  Pages are already threatening to fall out.

Aug 2, 16 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

hmmm.... then you got to go high-res camera setup.

probably something like this (sounds like an awesome collection)

Aug 2, 16 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

Best to find someplace that has a Kirtas scanner. It is a hi res scanner, where the media sits in a cradle, above are two cameras pointed, one to each sheet, to turn the page a gentle puff of air and a vacuum seperate the sheet and turns the page.

Aug 2, 16 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

You guys sure do have a lot of time on your hands!

Aug 3, 16 1:05 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

actually can be found on internet at this place, which has a very good Collection of Oscar Niemeyer's work - Images by Niemeyer, Oscar from Modernist

Aug 27, 16 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

The House of Oskar Moll (1936) by Hans Sharoun

Aug 27, 16 12:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: