Archinect
anchor

Student version of cad and photoshop

jrg4597
I have the free student version of AutoCad 16 and when I export the file. I am getting the checkered background with along with he boarders stateing "student document." Is there anyway to remove the border and the pattern background? I've tried everything from YouTube to a photoshop book. Any suggestions will help. Thanks!

Jul 14, 16 8:47 pm
Non Sequitur

buy the full version.

Jul 14, 16 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
jrg4597
Lol.... I wish I could drop that much! I kinda figured that would be the route.
Jul 14, 16 9:45 pm  · 
 · 

You can download and use the full version for free for 30 days, but any file you create or modify in the student version will always have the watermark. You can try creating a new file in the full version and copying and pasting information from the student version file, but I suspect you'll still end up with a watermark.

Jul 14, 16 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
greatescape

Or you can do what many students do and get a (ahem) "free" version.

Shit, if you're smart, you'll know where to go and what to do...

Good Luck to ya!

Jul 15, 16 2:18 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I remember when I was in undergrad. Some entrepreneurial student made a killing selling cracked copies of AutoCad around studio. This was before easy PtoP sharing  and torrents .

Jul 15, 16 6:07 am  · 
 · 
natematt

I used student versions of ACAD all through undergrad and grad school for plans, could have sworn I just exported views as PDFs and then opened them in Illustrator for the win.

Jul 15, 16 9:57 am  · 
 · 
nicholass817

^+1...Plot to PDF and edit in Illustrator was my method in school.

Jul 15, 16 11:11 am  · 
 · 
natematt

I mean, you really want to run everything through Illustrator for presentation stuff anyway. 

Jul 15, 16 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

When you do get the full version, accept that everything you did in the student version is gone and unusable to you now.  Our office had one file given to us by a client that had been created in the student version.  Slowly but surely, as a block here or diagram there was copy/pasted, it made its way into most of the files in our server (most of this happened before I started there).  It was a mess, with files left and right being shown as Student Versions.  We had to go through Autodesk and sign affadavits that we did not steal our licenses in order to get a command line tool that cleaned up the files for us.

This was 2000-2004 AutoCAD. YMMV.

Jul 15, 16 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
nicholass817

I remembered another way that we used in school.  Set your plot window larger than the extents of the drawings and crop to the size needed.

Jul 17, 16 1:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: