Archinect
anchor

David Byrne's True Stories (1986)

tduds

A theater near me screened an original print of this last night. Amazing movie, but this one scene hit a little too close to home...

Metal buildings are the dream that Modern Architects had at the beginning of this century. It has finally come true, but they themselves don't realize it. That's because it doesn't take an Architect to build a metal building. You just order them out of a catalog - comes with a bunch of guys who put it together in a couple of days, maybe a week. And there you go - you're all set to go into business - just slap a sign out front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6WTzxqLkaQ

May 27, 16 3:18 pm

@tduds, see this 2015 feature by Julia Ingalls for more re: True Stories and how Byrne's "work has inadvertently helped make architecture into a pop culture staple."

May 27, 16 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

great movie.

May 27, 16 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Nam: that was a great article! Thanks.

And I don't know how I made it this far in life (especially as a huge Talking Heads fanboy) without having seen True Stories. Amazing film.

May 29, 16 1:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: