Archinect
anchor

Hasta La Vista W-2

wurdan freo

Well... been talking about it forever on here... not quite developing my own projects, but just inked a years worth of work design building two houses and building another. My part time business is going full time after 5 years. Giving notice on Tuesday to the 9-5. Little nervous about another recession and it being an election year, but more nervous about my tombstone saying something like "devoted employee of 25 years."Ahahahahahaha.

May 25, 16 5:50 pm
wurdan freo

Forgot to mention, thanks to Carerra, Tintt, Mighty, gwharton, geezer, Donna and all you anonymous freaks who have helped answer my dumb questions over the years.

May 25, 16 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

congrats.

welcome to perpetual fear. it's fucking exhilarating.

May 25, 16 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

good luck!

May 25, 16 6:23 pm  · 
 · 

Congrats! I often fantasize about opening up my own shop, but I worry that the reality of owning my own practice won't be nearly as glamorous as the fantasy. Maybe one of these days I'll finally take the leap.

May 25, 16 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Good luck!  Come tax time you'll miss that W-2 and the 1040EZ.

May 25, 16 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Hahaha.

My current saying is "I'd rather fail on my terms than on someone else's"

Welcome to the world of self directed employment. Instead of one boss, now sky's the limit.
May 25, 16 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I see I'm included in the list of people to blame when the whole thing goes to shit. Just kidding, you're going to love it and you're going to be good at it. When do we celebrate?

May 25, 16 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Thanks for the support and advice. Tintt yes! there needs to be a celebration... unfortunately from Mothers Day through forth of July, I'm booked. 4 birthdays, all the holidays and a vacay have me strapped for time. Sky's the limit!

May 26, 16 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Good Luck!

May 26, 16 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

Grats! (blame tintt if it goes awry) 

May 26, 16 3:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: