Archinect
anchor

why is illustrator such a piece of poop?

batman

when you have some vector drawings that just slows the whole work process, i just want to call them up and say you guys have a shtty product.

is there a fix for this? how to make it go faster when some drawings slow the project down?

also is there any better alternatives to illustrator? 

May 24, 16 5:44 pm
JonathanLivingston

Try displaying only the paths instead of also the line weights. 

May 24, 16 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

All Adobe products are RAM hogs. You either have not enough RAM to run Illustrator properly or you have too many other programs open. 

That said, Illustrator is the best product at what it does, by a ridiculous margin.

May 24, 16 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

I draw all the paths and geometry in AutoCAD and then import them to Illustrator for coloring and text. That saves lots and lots of heartache.

May 24, 16 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

batman, I would recommend a minimum of 32gb of RAM for Illustrator and InDesign work. Otherwise, this thread has had pretty good suggestions.

May 24, 16 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Illustrator will choke on really big files. But how often? Maybe you need to reduce file size. Build your vectors in CAD.
May 24, 16 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Like the above posters, i do as much as possible in cad and go into illustrator at the end for final touches.

I find Adobe's habit of radically rearranging their user interfaces and toolbars in each new release of products maddening.  Bridge was really useful for me until they changed it all up.

May 24, 16 9:32 pm  · 
 · 

Sketch. Mac only right now I think, but it's like photoshop and illustrator combined. People use it for web design a lot as an alternative to adobe CS and it's pretty solid, along with only being 99$ for a lifetime license.

May 25, 16 10:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: