Archinect
anchor

Yet another portfolio review...to apply at ELEMANTAL

Architectonic15

Hey guys!

I'm Naman from IIT Roorkee and currently enrolled in the 5th year of my B. Arch. studies. I'm planning to apply at some good firms like Elemental, RPBW, Buro Ole Scheeren, etc. for an architectural internship. Prior to this I have done two internships at FRDC and DP Architects.

I have put the document in early this year and have tried to put in all types of work that I have done during my four years of studies. I have put the content of my academic works, internship, competitions, and some extra curricular. I would really appreciate your comments on the layout, content and what doesn't look good in the portfolio. Also, kindly suggest what kind of skills need to be highlighted while applying to firms like these.

I'm really fond of(and good at) making physical models and have tried to put in a decent amount of pictures in the portfolio. Can I highlight model making as a primary skill.

Portfolio: 

https://issuu.com/naman_sharma/docs/portfolio_naman_sharma_2016_high_re

Thanks a lot in advance!

May 15, 16 11:54 am
MinimalCrazy
On mobile with a quick glance it seems you have a chance, some projects are a little lackluster. Overall the portfolio isnt WOW! But it seems abv avg.
May 16, 16 12:42 am  · 
 · 
MinimalCrazy
And I do know If I would want to put mode making is a skill to emphasize on... Because you are at the internship to learn.... You don't learn much from producing physical models...
May 16, 16 12:44 am  · 
 · 
Architectonic15

Thanks MinimalCrazy!

I will surely try to add a wow factor in my portfolio.

May 17, 16 10:20 am  · 
 · 
no_form
You need to edit this thing down. Is this your best work or ALL of your work?

Just show me your best work. Way too much text and diagrams that don't do anything but fill up the pages.
May 17, 16 10:36 am  · 
 · 
Architectonic15

Hey no-from

This is all of my work till yet. I will surely take your suggestion and reduce the text. But can you just advise me what kind of and how many diagrams one should put to convey the whole project.

May 17, 16 10:50 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

so . many . fucking . fonts.

Naman, cut the folio down to 20 pages (max) and choose 2 or 3 fonts & sizes for the entire booklet. Plus your images are way too small. 

May 17, 16 11:05 am  · 
 · 
no_form
I can't tell you how to think.
May 17, 16 11:24 am  · 
 · 
chessterfish

Check your spelling.

May 17, 16 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Architectonic15

Thank for the input chessterfish.

May 17, 16 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Ha, hilarious.... I just noticed the OP has a spelling error in the firm's name in the title of this thread.

May 17, 16 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: