Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Feedback - Landscape Student

ShakeyDeal

In preparation for summer internship applications.  Would greatly appreciate some fresh eyes and feedback.

https://issuu.com/aaronperspective/docs/2016_portfolio_digital

Mar 13, 16 7:43 pm
Dangermouse

not bad.  you don't necessarily need text on the first page, that could be in your cover letter which you could then tailor to a specific firm.  i'd also consider making a condensed portfolio of either your best work or your professional work, if you have any.   you portfolio isn't overly long, but sometimes a quick 2-5 pages of highlights is the correct way to go, especially if you're just applying enmasse via craigslist or email

Mar 13, 16 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

Nice.  A lot better than most I've seen even for long term positions.  I like the range of diagrams to renderings - could use some hand sketches/drawings if you have them.

Per Dangermouse: a more limited work sample would be good to have to send out to firms

Mar 14, 16 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
ShakeyDeal
Thanks for the thoughts! What's the typical strategy for an abbreviated sample--two or three best projects - one project per page? Or Can I just extract a couple multi page spreads from my book?

Cheers!
Mar 15, 16 12:48 am  · 
 · 
ShakeyDeal

Any other thoughts/ideas out there?

Mar 17, 16 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Nice work.  

Mar 17, 16 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
ShakeyDeal

Updated a few pages...

https://issuu.com/aaronperspective/docs/2016_portfolio_ackerman

Mar 22, 16 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

work sample: 3~5 pages to show skill set; this could either be the best images of single project per page or by type (CAD details, renderings, models, diagrams, sketches).  I find the 3 projects + digital skills + hand skills to be the most compelling.

Mar 23, 16 10:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: