Archinect
anchor

Getting a job in one of the top 50 architecture firm with low education background but possess 75% of their skill requirements

chidmath

Hello everyone, I possess most of the skills listed in the top 50 architecture firm skills requirements, though I have low educational background but vast knowledge in architecture through personal development because I don't really believe much in my country educational curriculum, instead I spent time to develop myself personally which give me opportunities to work in some of the top architecture firm in my country (Nigeria). So my question is, what the least educational qualification to work in some of this firms or as long has you have the skills and experience they need you'll probably be taking?

Nov 4, 15 12:41 pm
Non Sequitur

Is... is this a serious question?

Do you know who else has 75% or more of the general skills for top jobs? Basically everyone. How about you try your hand a a real M.arch degree then you might have what it takes to compete with the average architecture student in the working world.

Good thing my association does not have many reciprocity agreements.

Nov 4, 15 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

C's get degrees as they say here in America.

Nov 4, 15 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Go try and get the jobs you want before asking here. If you get hired, you win. If they say get a degree, then you know what they want. I would suggest NOT going into debt (or, if you have extra cash or a patron, put it to better use than funding the fatally flawed debt machine we currently have "guarding" our professions and research industries) for a degree you may not need.

Nov 4, 15 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm quite happy that an accredited degree forms part of the barrier between self-educated Nigerian architects and the rest of us.  Also, the financial guard is only touted from those dumb enough to think $50k in tuition per year is a good investment.

Nov 4, 15 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Could you draw a line connecting the two halves of your post? They seem to be at odds with each other.

Nov 4, 15 4:39 pm  · 
 · 

I can do 3/4 of the work - hire me!

Nov 4, 15 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Just try, no harm in trying.

Nov 6, 15 4:33 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Rephased- I have no evidence of ability, how can I work at one of the top firms in the world? Answer- you don't, unless you work for free (maybe). If you can demonstrate ability you have a chance.

Nov 6, 15 9:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: