Archinect
anchor

High School Questions

willmillac
Hey, so I just turned 15 and also recently started high school. I've always wanted to be an architect and now that high school is starting I want some tips to help send me on my way. Classes I should take? Things I should do out of school? Opportunities to look out for? Thanks.

Sep 6, 15 8:35 pm
geezertect

Read the book:  Architect? by Roger Lewis

Sep 6, 15 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

go meet people

go find an artist to teach you to draw by hand

go meet a developer and ask to push paper around in the office

go find a builder and say you want to push a broom

go learn how to get people to give you their money

Sep 6, 15 9:50 pm  · 
 · 

Summer jobs in construction.

Sep 6, 15 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
willmillac
What can I do to find these jobs?
Sep 6, 15 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

Do you like sitting behind a computer day in and day out... for decades... that is architecture.

Run kid, before you even peek down that rabbit hole!

Sep 7, 15 12:46 am  · 
 · 
Driko
Build stuff, take a woodshop class if you can
Sep 7, 15 1:19 am  · 
 · 
Cors

Give it a year or two... maybe three years... If you still want to be an architect... take a college summer course in it... If you find it enjoyable, or interesting, and find your-self doing it for life... go for it.

Sep 7, 15 2:26 am  · 
 · 
gruen
In terms of classes, take all the math and science you can, especially geometry, trig and physics. Art. Hands on building of anything (wood or metal shop or whatever you like).if they have drafting or cad it won't hurt but it isn't architecture.
Sep 7, 15 8:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: