Archinect
anchor

What are your thoughts on competitions that requries high registration fees?

Derrickinskp

I find it very common to see competitions that requires over $50 fee to enroll. 

They usually seem to be quite quality worthy competitions that derives a great interest and motivation in many ways. 

However, I'm not quite sure whether if it's really worth to pay those fees which is a bit pricy personally. I guess it comes down as an expense of an opportunity to shine one's skills and availibility.. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would like to hear what you think about high registration fees for competitions.

Aug 15, 15 3:53 am
BulgarBlogger

$50 isn't so high... You are either a student, unemployed, or from a country where the exchange rate isn't in your favor...

Aug 15, 15 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
vicentespinola

My guess is that over 50$ is an incentive to build up a team and share costs, in the end like BulgarBlogger said, it is not so much.

Aug 22, 15 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
OM..

The organizations that charge fees for competitions are simply companies that have turned organizing competitions into a business (archmedium comes to mind). Glamorous briefs, promise of online exposure, and notable jury members give the competition a certain prestige and incentivize people to take part. The fees simply pay for the jury and obviously it costs them nothing to say "design a speculative cultural center on this UNESCO site."

Aug 23, 15 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: