Archinect
anchor

Inquiry for portfolio

leaves12

I'm thinking about applying for M.Arch..but problem is I don't have too many promising projects...maximum 2 or 3..as my earlier ventures in projects have been mostly about finding out Architecture....So overlooking the mess that I made..is there any suggestion for people like me who doesn't have too much on the plate? How can I make my portfolio strong? Is it a bit of gamble to apply for masters merely with fewer projects or can I add other interests like photography or arts? Would very much appreciate the suggestions.Thanks in advance

Jul 7, 15 2:14 pm
( o Y o )

Read some more of Koz's posts before taking his advice too seriously.

Jul 7, 15 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

^- 2nd

I'm assuming you're applying to non-arch degree programs: they're mostly looking for creative potential.  So assuming you have pretty good artistic sense, you'll be loading the portfolio more with anything that shows artistic potential (photography, drawing, sculpture, painting, graphic design, web design, etc).  Layout of the portfolio and balance of text is important too: (careful to choose a good font), white space etc (maybe reference a good book design textbook).

Jul 7, 15 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
leaves12

@^- 2nd.. Lol..no I intend for M.Arch really. Also it's not the graphics part that I'm worried about...I'm just thinking whether there is any way for enhancing folio or if the schools are even keen on giving people chances.Thanks anyway.

Jul 7, 15 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
leaves12

Well anyone and everyone can give suggestion/informations as long as it's honest.

Jul 9, 15 7:00 am  · 
 · 
thompson's gazelle

If you have time, redo your not-so-good academic projects. It simply takes away the hassle of coming up with your own project. Competitions are also a good idea, but honestly, you can save so much time working within a topic you already know. If you don't have enough time to redesign the entire project, add and fix diagrams, images, and renderings.  

Jul 9, 15 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
BR.TN

^yeah, just go back and redo them. it can be a huge hassle at times, but if you've grown as a designer it should be easy to look at projects from two years ago and have several self-improvements to identify, critique, and implement. your projects could end up looking completely different at the end of this, but as long as they're better, its okay.

Jul 10, 15 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
leaves12

yah by this time..after reading other threads on this site...I also think that I should go back to the polishing part ....though one of my friend's saying that idea matters more..but fine arts does differ from architecture right...so while if it was a case of fine arts...they would have been more curious about the concept/ideas of different artwork..but for architecture it's a whole different process.

Thank you guys though.Appreciate it.

Jul 10, 15 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: