Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Review & Advice

Ahmad Hilal

Hello Guys,

Recently, i have done some updates in my portfolio. And I would like to have some reviews and comments from you concerning the layout design, theme and consistency of the components inside in terms of presentation styles and graphics used.

Waiting for your comments :)

http://issuu.com/ahmadhilalahmad/docs/portfolio

Thanks,

Jun 21, 15 10:39 am
_WTP

Can you explain who the target audience is? Schools, prospective employers, etc. 

Jun 21, 15 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
Ahmad Hilal

Actually I want to apply for an internship, so I am targeting employers.

Jun 22, 15 7:59 am  · 
 · 
alrightalright

my quick thoughts:

-change the front image.. needs to be something with better craft if it is going to be a model (i.e. something without hot glue hanging off of it.)

-initial read is that your graphics are overpowering your work. they're a bit much. tone them down a bit and let the work stand out more.

- i like the sketches. if i were you i would show more work like that; it begins to get at your personality more than all the digital work.

-the pages are over crowded. the sketches, for example: feature one to two per page, not four. i found the portfolio overall disorienting.

-first black spread doesn't fit, but i think it does speak successfully to what i said above^

-don't quote yourself. it's arrogant and strange (first pages). i would also remove your bio.. you already have a resume. let your experience speak for itself. the bio again feels arrogant; you're looking for an internship, i would assume you're not quote-worthy or have that interesting of a story yet.

Jun 22, 15 9:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: