Archinect
anchor

What does an interior design portfolio need?

GraceC

I have pre-professional degree in Architecture meaning I would have to get my Master's to become an architect. However, now I am considering going to Interiors now since I find myself more interested in that. 

I have an architecture porfolio, but realize I need to gear it more towards interiors. I've been looking at porfolios and I am trying to disguish what makes interior design porfolios different and what exactly does that encompass. 

It looks like you need to have the items that you included in your renderings like significant lighting fixtures, chairs etc. Sometimes, they'll include the type of finishes for walls, flooring etc.

Obviously there are floor plans, and interior renderings. Should interior renders have funirture that is pre-existing that you can buy from manufacturers,  can they just be just from revitcity/sketchup 3d warehouse, or should i make my own? I'm a little confused obviously. 

What exactly does an interior design porfolio need?

Jun 9, 15 4:51 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: