Archinect
anchor

Riba part 3

carlo88

Hi,

I am working as an architectural assistant in the UK and I am hoping to start my part 3 course this autumn or early next year (I studied in the EU and got accredited by ARB as part 2 already).

I have some questions:

• How competitive is entry to part 3 courses? Do schools select based on previous education, etc?
  • What are the entry criteria applied to applicants?
  • Is there a career benefit to taking the part 3 somewhere prestigious like UCL?
  • Do some courses prepare you better for the exam and give a better chance of success?
  • Any other advice or information that might be helpful?

Many thanks for any help!

Jun 4, 15 2:21 pm
TED

I never know anyone who didn't get into the part 3 programme they selected as long as they have the experience requirement of each individual Uni and you pay the fees. AA you do int in 2 weeks, Westminster, a year. Each programme is different with regard to coursework, case studies, required attendance days. It is not a career benefit to go to one place or another as these are not course that award degrees.

Jun 7, 15 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: