Archinect
anchor

Critique on Portfolio

hleung

Hi folks,

I'm graduating and am beginning to apply to firms in New York and Boston. Would like to get some thoughts and critique on what I can improve on. It would be really nice too if you can suggest a few firms that you think is operating along similar lines/ styles.

http://issuu.com/wilfredleung/docs/portfolio_2015_1

Thank you very much for your time!

May 18, 15 11:34 pm
Beepbeep

Really nice, and simple, shows multiple skill sets and analysis. You will have no problem getting a job...you might only want to make a short email teaser to send out and bring the full copy to the interview as it is a little long to email.

May 19, 15 7:34 am  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

Dude, you need to do nothing to it,  that is seriously awesome, perfect amount of content without spending too many sheets on one project. If I was you, I'd make one nice full print out to bring for interviews but make a smaller condensed one to leave with the firm, otherwise it will get spendy very fast. Firms should have no problem with that, if they do, take it as a red flag that they'll make other ridiculous requests without regard to your financial position while working them. Anyway, looks awesome congratulations and good luck!

May 19, 15 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Nice portfolio! I don’t like plain white covers on digital portfolios though, which is probably why I didn’t think it was going to be very good until I got to the table of contents. Speaking of which, there is a bit of a bizarre pattern going on with your project names, minor point though.   

I work for a large firm that does a fair amount of urban design and has offices in both NYC and Boston. I don’t think it has the same consistency of architectural language that your work does, but that’s a symptom of reality I guess.

May 20, 15 2:35 am  · 
 · 
hleung

Hey guys, thanks so much for the comments and the vote of confidence. really appreciate it

May 24, 15 11:33 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

you know what i'd like? i'd like the projects to be separated with some of your smaller efforts. they are so similar in type, that giving each one a break, or palate cleanse, might keep people from breezing by, and give people pause to slow down. i really enjoy the professional nature and depth, as i thought 60 pages was going to bore the shit out of me.

May 24, 15 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: