Archinect
anchor

Looking for Projects for Magazine - Exotic Wood Species Usage

Felicia_IWPA

Hello,

My name is Felicia Johnson from the International Wood Products Association.  I wanted to know if anyone has done any projects with the usage of exotic wood species (jatoba, cumaru, purpleheart, etc.).  We are currently looking for eye-catching new projects we want to highlight in our annual International Wood magazine (launching in September 2015). Our publication promotes real-life applications of imported lumber, plywood, veneering, architectural millwork, flooring and decking. 

You can read our past editions here. If you’re interested, you may fill out our story submission form at this link:

http://iwpawood.site-ym.com/?page=StoryIdea

Or you can send me an email directly to felicia@iwpawood.org.

I appreciate your assistance in advance!

Felicia Johnson
Editor, International Wood & Buyers Guide Magazine

May 15, 15 1:43 pm

Why don't you do an article on sustainable wood use and practices instead of one that promotes harvesting the planet's critical endangered rainforests?

May 15, 15 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

These gluttons that harvest endangered wood aren't held to the same level of scrutiny as the fools who harvest furs of endangered animals but they should be.  Jatoba trees are an extremely beautiful and ancient species... Jatoba (aka Brazilian Cherry)  trees are becoming endangered at an alarming rate.

May 15, 15 4:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: