Archinect
anchor

Applied for Gensler summer internship

Kjammer

Hi everyone, 

I applied for the Gensler summer internship position in the beginning of March, and I know someone at the firm that also referred me there, however I have yet to hear back and I am slightly concerned. Should I assume that I did not get an interview? Or should I just wait a little longer since it is a full time summer position. I have done freelance work for another firm since now and the submission, do you think I should send my colleague I know that works there an update? It was an architecture animation. Thank you all for your advice ahead of time, I appreciate you reading this and helping me out!

Also a little background I a graduating this may with my Bachelors in architecture.

Apr 2, 15 3:52 pm
chigurh

Don't sweat it.  Apply for other jobs in the meantime.  They might get back to you, they might not.  It's just an internship at some big crappy corporate firm, they are a dime a dozen.  

Sounds like you are relying on your friend to pull some strings or something....don't send them an updated portfolio.  If your friend in the firm is also a new graduate, chances are, they have zero influence anyways.

Apr 2, 15 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
rationalist

Why are you applying for an internship if you're graduating? Apply for a real job. 

Apr 2, 15 8:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: