Archinect
anchor

Portfolio review Please

Mr Almost Architect

I've been trying lately to apply for internships during the summer, but before i submit anything, I would like to know what you guys think.

http://issuu.com/jorgea.hernandezcastro/docs/portfolio_jorge_a_hernandez_c_april

be brutal :)

...but don't destroy me too much lol

Thanks.

Mar 30, 15 6:33 am
thompson's gazelle

I think a big part that's missing is a "visual" explanation of your projects. What you have right now is more of a documentation of your work. Put in diagrams that explain the concept or development processes of your work. Maybe you have it in the texts, but I didn't read anything except the titles, and most likely so would employers. The issue of type size and font selection is another one, but you can just look at good architectural publications and try to steal them--it's a minor issue.

Mar 30, 15 10:42 pm  · 
 · 

Very nice, quite substantial. I'm usually quite disappointed when I look at portfolios. 

Mar 30, 15 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Mr Almost Architect

@thompson's gazelle

That's always been a problem with my portfolios I think. I tried to address it in this one by adding some diagrams and the process pictures of models, do you think I should add more things such as sketches? Also, should my plans be bigger or smaller? I think my biggest worry is making too big of a portfolio. I've considered taking the library out too since it's a project I'm not too happy about. 

@Miles Jaffe Thanks, makes me quite happy to know that at least I didn't disappoint you hahaha. I would agree with hompson's gazelle though, maybe some more process work?

As a side note, one of the things I'm having trouble with right now is condensing it since one of the firms I'll be applying to asks for only 5 pages of design samples. In that case, I've chose the pavilion, prairie library (which although an older project, i'll be adding process work), Memorial, and Sacred space. Would you guys agree those are my strongest options? I really like my garden too, I tend to be more minimalist and that one I just love it. The only thing about that one is that it was a 2 week project, not sure if a firm would find that as appealing.

Mar 30, 15 11:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: