Archinect
anchor

Yaohua Wang and Wes Jones

peijunfei

Have you guys reviewed Yaohua Wang 's latest project in GSD? I have been focusing on him for years since he studied in SCI-ARC. And his beautiful even crazy forms and comic, funny representation skills touched me for a while. But when I finished my application to my master program I just skip the sci-arc. Because that time I am thinking they are obsessed with forming and shaping with maya and fancy rendering.

Nowadays, I see his promising potential in architecture with his skillful representation method. This is not a discussion about what software we should use for design or modeling, but welcome all kind of topic on this issues.

I am recently have a research on lebbeus wood and wes jones who was concentrating on experimental architecture. In wes jones's machine-like architecture, or called instruments in his early design, you can see clear black/white rendering or drawing through his plan, sections to his perspective presented with black and white comic style. It's a good way to tell a story, also in a not serious way.

After that, I turn back to see what Wang have been done in sci-arc undergraduate, the degree project named latent city, use a video version of wes jones's style. In fact wes jones and Wang indeed have master-apprentice relationship in sci-arc. But all those representation method are still keep in secret, no one knows that exactly...

Finally, turn back to the GSD project of Wang, though he started his own style and new knid of thinking beyond form playing, but he still working on maya and keep the comic style to a certain extent, you guys just can check it on his facebook.

So, let's discuss those secret!

:D

Mar 3, 15 9:48 pm
黄亚鑫

the secret is not about rendering or any representation skill, the secret lies in heiddeger "language as the house of being".I`ve been researching on his form for quite some time.

Feb 8, 17 6:16 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Work under him then, you're better off hearing it from the horse's mouth anyhow.

Preliminary Research Office

Feb 8, 17 6:32 am  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Ain't no secret - it's just a rendering process / style. Yao had a couple of Thesis Advisors in UG, Wes being one of them. Lol @ illuminati overtones.

Feb 8, 17 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

da vinci > johnson > eisnemen > jones > wang 

Feb 8, 17 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
your conscience

Maybe it's time to start a firm called ARO. Would you rather hire Preliminary Research Office or Actual Research Office?

Feb 8, 17 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

actual research office:  we take brep cell structures and turn them into architecture projects for no reason!  look at my comic sans!

Feb 9, 17 12:58 am  · 
 · 
黄亚鑫

No one has the sense of linguistic philosophy?It`s amazing to see this top truned hot after one year.

Feb 9, 17 8:38 am  · 
 · 
Koww

Sorry, not following. is there a connection between maya and heidegger?

Feb 9, 17 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
黄亚鑫

It`ll be long way from operate form in Maya to create form in mind.

Feb 9, 17 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
your conscience

you can read minds!?

Feb 9, 17 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

"i make things in maya, then justify them with bad readings of Derrida"

Feb 11, 17 12:58 am  · 
 · 
黄亚鑫

If you appreciate his work ,why not read his mind and wes` mind?

Feb 11, 17 4:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: