Archinect
anchor

African graphics

awaiting_deletion

That building is bad ass...maybe Predator?

Mar 9, 15 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

merka, what part of Africa are you in?  I spent some time in Tanzania...saw some amazing structures. 

Mar 10, 15 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
green man

Merca don't make me die laughing.So according to the custom, he needed this monument as a grave,very funny. Certainly one of great architects in his style.It's better like this,if not he would piss us off with other projects.Always In the african custom register the mauseleum for the president mobutu sese seko in marble,which has a pediment,the greek columns,i don't really see african graphics on it,but it's beautiful.

M like mobutu,black and white marble.I think this mauseleum,as for Agostinho Neto's one are have more a meaning of power than others things.

Mar 10, 15 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
merka

Ahh Mobutu... now that's a man who can pull of leopard print!  Also, technically the columns are African,  the Greeks just copied from Ancient Egypt.

@jla-x, I got an assignment for you.  Look up my name and find out :P

Speaking of Tanzania, the Kariakoo Market in Dar es Salaam is really amazing!

I hope you have photos of some other structures that you can share :)

Mar 10, 15 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
green man

You could say it,it's really amazing.Specially that for a maket in africa it permits to cover from the sun,a rare thing.Graphically it reminds me a palace that is dear to me,for many reasons,made by olivier cacoub.The presidential palace of Cameroon.With many lozenges.

The mushroom of the worker smurf,that means everyone must stay in his place and not to seek the chief's place.

No,more seriously now,lozenge in this part of the world is almost always the representation of female organ and thereby creation.

Mar 11, 15 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
green man

One of my projects.

Mar 11, 15 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ what's that column for?

Mar 11, 15 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
merka

^Must have been the engineer's idea...

Mar 11, 15 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

are those really small people in the entry or really big people on the lawn?

Mar 11, 15 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

man, cant even get black people in "african" renderings.  

Mar 11, 15 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I thought the zig-zags were structural

Mar 11, 15 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
green man

Both for these people.The column,just so that the second floor does not fall.Although it would have also been good without.I am an architect for the world,not for africa.It doesn't matter for me.Really,i don't care.But i understand your preoccupation.In the next african project.The eye of providence.

Mar 12, 15 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
green man

The eye of providence again.

Mar 12, 15 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

green man, strange that you mention the "eye".

I was blessed with a message this morning as I prepared breakfast. See image below:

Untitled 1

Mar 12, 15 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

greenman, lay off the crack. 

Mar 12, 15 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
merka

No keep at it.  Lets see where this ends up.

Mar 12, 15 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Architect?

Mar 12, 15 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
merka

^ probably needs to make another movie to finish the building

Mar 12, 15 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
green man

Non,apparently he pays attention to you.It's fine.Okay about sharing,let's move on.Another one dear to me,the flagstaff house in ghana.A building that materalizes the most sacred symbol of the ashanti people: the golden stool.In accordance with tradition it symbolises the chief's authority.

The blessed chiefs.They have two thrones now.

Mar 13, 15 5:22 am  · 
 · 
green man

Jla-x,you were right about people.

Mar 17, 15 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

An african project.When the fineness of the line meets the hardness of the concrete and create lightness.

Apr 24, 15 4:39 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

http://adexchanger.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/context-matters.jpg

Apr 24, 15 8:08 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

^ first thought when I saw that pic - ninja turtles.

Apr 24, 15 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
green man

Very funny NS,as we could see in each of them you have your pizza and my electric car again.Turtles,greatly african.

Apr 24, 15 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

the golden stool

Apr 24, 15 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
green man

d[-_-]b This golden thing is very interesting.What is it?The golden pooh.No i am serious,why not?It might also be its designer's one.That's not rude.

Apr 25, 15 3:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: