Archinect
anchor

RIBA Part 3 question

chec

Hi

I have a question about the RIBA Part 3 course/exam. I have my Part 1 and Part 2 from a UK university and have been working in an architectural practice in Hong Kong for a number of years now. So I have at least 2 / 3 years worth of practical experience. However I do not have 12 months UK practical experience, either post Part 1 or Part 2. I would like to get my Part 3 and so I realise that I need to go back and work for 12 months before I can get this. But before I go back to the UK I am thinking about doing the Part 3 course which they are offering in HK, since I think I wont be leaving to the UK until end of this year. I can take the course here but then wont be able to take the exam until maybe 1 year later. Has anyone done this before? (taken the Part 3 course but not taken the exam until a long time after finishing the course). There is an expiry date of 3 years after finishing the course when the exam has to be taken so I assume that some people have done this before, even if they had to defer their exam for a year or two.

If not then any comments would be most welcome!  

Thanks!

Feb 16, 15 11:40 am
Architect with a suitcase

Best person to contact would be the Part III person at the RIBA. 

alison.mackinder@riba.org

Mar 6, 15 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: