Archinect
anchor

Anyone tell me about this Architect?

jam17150

hello,

Sorry if this is not the place for this but I can not figure out anything about these old architect drawings. I think its a German Architect somewhere in New York around the turn of the century? Please if you have any information about these it would be much appreciated. 

Dec 27, 14 12:11 pm
awaiting_deletion

if I am reading the cursive correctly it's a Shadow Study

a specific drawing study method, if I'm translating the wiki link correclty - an object drawn over a light background indicating the shadows generated by a very near in proximity light source, the sharp and clear indication presented in the drawing clearly indicates the location of the light source (not visible)

google translates it as Drop Shadow

hopes this helps in further finding the source

have any further info, like year, school, etc...?

Dec 28, 14 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

shadow constructions for more and less complex solids.....yum!

where are they? who owns em? open them up and look, or ask, etc....

probably fairly run of the mill stuff in the good old days. no clue how you could date it let alone determine an author with out some clues. posted words appear to be drawing - or maybe exercise - titles. could just be very nice, if random, student work. need more data....

a little perspective here, mysterious intertwining of shadows from different projections (or at least it appears so) there...fun.

Dec 29, 14 3:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: