Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Applicants for fall 2015

sirhc

@archhopeful

Sounds like that's your order of preference! Did you hear anything from Yale/Princeton/Columbia after submission? I heard from other schools stuff like 'apply to fin aid~' 'go to this event near your town~' etc, but these three schools have been completely silent.

Feb 19, 15 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

@sirhc

Not exactly my order of preference, just the order I got used to listing them off when people would ask. I have a group that I would be particularly happy with, but will probably go with the best $$$ offer (hopefully from that favored group!).

I haven't heard much from any of the schools, I don't think I live near where any events are held. I went to the open houses at Yale and GSD in the Fall, though. The most communication has actually been from Penn, for a while they were sending out almost weekly emails about different aspects of their program (but that was before apps were due). Anything else has been strictly about applying for financial aid, but the Columbia/Princeton aid app was included in the primary admissions app, so that is probably why you haven't heard anything from them.

Feb 19, 15 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
thebloodfiend

@archhopeful

It says so on their website. A friend of mine who applied as well also says it's the first week of April. They might announce sooner, but that's the official statement there and on applyweb. 

Feb 19, 15 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
FYC87

Just reference last yrs postings from grad cafe and thats usually when results will be out.

Feb 19, 15 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

@natematt @thebloodfiend

I completely agree on both counts. Some of the language-isolated students come in already possessing strong skills and design ability, which they are able to carry into their grad school projects (even if their contributions outside their own work are minimal/nonexistent), and some enter grad school with much, much more to learn.

Both groups suffer from the same problems: difficulty absorbing feedback and knowledge from their instructors/classmates, and inability to adequately participate in the many verbal components of architectural education. 

So you have strong students not learning much and essentially resting on their laurels, and weaker students that have a massive additional obstacle to overcome. What benefit does either group offer an English-based graduate program?

Feb 19, 15 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
konggeshang

@archhopeful

I received an offer from Miami with some attractive scholarship, too. To be honest, I've never expected it and I know little about this school. They asked me to make decision before 24 March. Considering Sci-arc, it's a dilemma.

Syracuse asked me for a skype interview on my birthday day due to my low toefl score. According to the last year, they would like to ask some difficult questions and I feel nervous now.

Feb 20, 15 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Kell

Does anybody know when UCLA will be out , anyone accepted yet. 

Feb 20, 15 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
kaps

I have applied for Fall 2015 for M.Arch in Cal Poly Pomona. Does anyone know how many applications does Cal Poly Pomona receive for M.Arch and how many get accepted? 

Also, can someone evaluate that not having GRE / TOEFL will give a negative point to me  as opposed to those that have these tests scores. GRE is not required by college and TOEFL can be waived if your undergraduate instructions were delivered in English as per Cal Poly Pomona. 

Just received a update from current student  ** 100 applicants / 20 accepted 

Feb 20, 15 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: