Archinect
anchor

what is spatial praxis and generative medium?

projecttocplane

can an architect use spatial praxis as a locus for ideas in the art world?

can physical space be used as a generative medium for concepts?

Dec 14, 14 2:37 am
projecttocplane

it seems like spatial praxis is “the process by which space produces and is produced by social relations.”

Dec 14, 14 3:54 am  · 
 · 

Please refer to this.

Dec 14, 14 9:24 am  · 
 · 
midlander

1- yes, that seems to be a potential purpose of installation works.

2- yes, I suppose that's what study models accomplish.

The questions could be disenjargonized to improve clarity. Any more?

Dec 14, 14 9:29 am  · 
 · 
citizen

I like that link Miles posted, though it seems to lay most of the blame on students.  None or few of us arrived at architecture school using that kind of blather.  We learned it, from some (though not all*) of the faculty and visiting critics.  Then most of us rejected it as useless in practice as normal people.  Those who retained it seemed to go on to teach*, or at least want to teach.

* Fortunately, plain speakers and clear writers still manage to sneak in here and there.

Dec 14, 14 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

Spatial Praxis or as it is commonly referred to "Schumacher's Syndrome" or "Libeskind's Disorder" is an irrational fear of rectilinear orthogonal space. 

Dec 16, 14 4:52 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

seems like a fancy term for site specific art.  Architects often rename things as a way of claiming ownership to a pre-existing idea.   Archibabble aka bullshit. 

Dec 16, 14 10:00 am  · 
 · 

"Schumacher's Syndrome" or "Libeskind's Disorder"

+++++ Nerd

Dec 16, 14 10:41 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

if amelia hasn't added those to the archinect lexicon yet, she should probably get on it!

Dec 16, 14 11:27 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Yes, Nerd!  I suffered directly at the hands of Libeskind's Disorder a couple of decades ago, in three-hour increments twice a week.  It was painful as well as disorienting.

Dec 16, 14 11:28 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

verbal diarrhea

Dec 16, 14 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: