Archinect
anchor

No work for portfolio. where to start?

G4tor

Man, it's kind of embarrassing saying this...

I've been in the field for around 3 years and all i did as CAD work.

I have seen projects gone from ground up to completion but in this modern market, it seems that all everybody wants is REVIT and pretty renderings... at least that's the trend...

Suppose if i got fired tomorrow and i started looking for a job. Is a portfolio full of CAD work going to cut it for a revit/rendering dominated job field?

To be honest, I was never the renderer during my college years so i don't even have school work to show....

Nov 29, 14 3:07 am
sameolddoctor

"I have seen projects gone from ground up to completion but in this modern market"

Frankly, this is more valuable than most computer skills. If I were you, I would pull up my socks, learn Revit, and maybe Rhino/sketchup and be set.

As for the portfolio, many times, it is what you sell yourself as. Why not learn Revit, model one of your projects in it, and render for your portfolio? After all it IS your work!

Nov 29, 14 3:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: