Archinect
anchor

Who dares visiting most impressive Zaha Hadid’s museum in its cradle?

Ok, don't want to look spammy because here I post a link to my website, but the occasion is irresistible. 

We are following the realization of a new museum by Zaha Hadid, not the largest for sure but perhaps the bravest. It's a museum for mountaineer legend Reinhold Messner sitting on an Alps' peak at 2,275 meters above the sea, probably you have already seen its renderings which are quite popular. Yesterday night we have received an email from the constructor announcing that the museum realization, scheduled for completion in November 2014, needs to be halted until Spring because of the incoming winter: the service road will be soon inaccessible and the already completed prefab elements cannot be delivered on site. But....if you dare reach the top of the mountain through a cable-car ride or on hike, you are allowed to see the "hibernated" structure.... I post here some (I suppose still unseen) of the best images I received depicting the building at its current stage of completion.
The full article is here (there are only a little more details and images but the description and images I provided here are is the essential part)  http://www.inexhibit.com/case-studies/zaha-hadids-museum-cradle/

Oct 18, 14 4:11 am

maybe it is the famed Swiss precision or the prefab (mostly?) looking nature of construction but i like the rawness of the current form. hope they don't panel/facade(ize) it much...

Oct 21, 14 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
Oh my, cool. So it appears Zaha is not immune to the problem of buildings *always* looking better under construction than when finished. It happens to us all!
Oct 21, 14 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

My favorite of hers are the few that really set themselves into the landscape. The ski jump, the Landesgartenschau, and maybe Vitra. It's funny she's lived her adult life in London - her work really is very landscape oriented. She went to boarding school in Switzerland, didn't she?

Rough concrete is always beautiful. This understanding is the secret knowledge that distinguishes an architect from the laity.

Oct 21, 14 11:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: