Archinect
anchor

Help identifying the style of this house!!!

SomeDude

I've found a house that I really like, and was trying to find the exact style of the house so when I speak with other architects they understand what I am looking for.

Oct 6, 14 2:10 pm
Non Sequitur

The "style" is commonly referred to as Mc-Mansion. Oddly enough, it's not region specific so the style tends to pop up in many areas across the USA regardless of local history and culture, urban planning common sense or environmental sensitivities.

Oct 6, 14 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

I believe that style is referred to as fugly by most architects.  

Oct 6, 14 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

If this is what you really want, just give these pictures to those "other architects".

Oct 6, 14 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Come over to the firm I work for. We have several "architects" that will do this for you (and that too, in Revit!)

Oct 6, 14 2:34 pm  · 
 · 

Where I come from in the Midwest we call this LoGG style: Land of Gratuitous Gables.

But in all seriousness, SomeDude: this house has no titled style.  If you say McMansion, or Builder McMansion, almost everyone in the US will know what you mean.

-------

Edit: I think we're being trolled.  I'm slow on the uptake.

Oct 6, 14 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i'm amused.  i approve of this troll.

Oct 6, 14 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

100% troll

Oct 6, 14 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

Dade County crack dealer, or maybe pimp, can't tell without a car.

Lovely miniature gable detail facing the rear yard. Nice step flashing. And cool keystone pediment over those Andersens.

Oct 6, 14 6:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: