Archinect
anchor

Architecture compilation books

naderdaou

So I'm an M.Arch student, and I was wondering if anyone recommends any books that have a compilation of different projects with plans and sections with renderings of the project...etc. Basically an encyclopedia of some sort with different architectural/landscape projects. 

Also, do Diller Scofidio have a compilation book as well, specifically for their work? I can't seem to find anything..

Thanks!

Sep 25, 14 11:19 pm
bugsmetoo

No answer to first question.

As for the second, check out ISBN 9780226151816. It goes by years so skim through Amazon preview to see if it suits you. They seem to mostly release building-specific titles rather than a singular compilation.

Sep 26, 14 3:56 am  · 
 · 
Carrera

By architectural compilation books are you referring to books that outline the design process from A-Z like SD’s to CD’s? If you are that is one hell of an idea seeing how a project progressed from rendering to construction - would be a fantastic learning tool. Been in this for 40 years and have never seen one but as a kid the first book I bought was Architectural Drawing and Light Construction by Edward Muller and it’s still in print 7th edition, mine was #1. It’s been many many years since I used it but used it throughout all my early years to understand the process - the book albeit simplistic.

Sep 26, 14 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Dany

I agree with Carrera it's hard to find. Do you know floor plan manual from Birkhauser? It's a compilation of housing floor plans from the last 50 years. The emphasis is on describing the various strategies for spatial organization. So no rendering in it but some interesting ideas anyways. 

Sep 28, 14 12:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: