Archinect
anchor

Another question about salaries.

JCArchi

Hey Archinect, I have an interview this week in Chicago for an intern position and was wondering what I should expect/ask for in regards to my salary. I completed my Bachelors in Design last year and have no previous work experience in an office. With that said, I realize I don't have a whole lot of room for negotiation, so I wanted to put feelers our there for what is considered an entry level intern salary. The firm is fairly large, which may or may not make a difference.

Sep 8, 14 2:40 pm
Archinect

Salaries in Chicago, via salaries.archinect.com

Sep 8, 14 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
Rajan

When I first started, I was paid 35K. Did BSc in Architecture Studies with 2 months internship (outside U.S.). But I was working in Baton Rouge, LA. Probably its gonna be higher in Chicago. The links above should help u.

Good luck on your interview.

Sep 9, 14 7:44 am  · 
 · 

Interns get paid?

Sep 9, 14 9:02 am  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
Miles, do you have any interns? I'm surprised that they don't go to someone who pays them, if you're being serious.
Sep 9, 14 9:06 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

(psst, sarcasm)

Sep 9, 14 11:13 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

look at the AIA compensation report. 

I have been working for 4 years. I started at 30k/ year. and bumped up about $6000 a year.

Sep 9, 14 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

30 to 6.  only a bump in architecture.  other people would consider that a step down.

Sep 9, 14 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

curt - 

I meant first year 30k, second year ~ 36k, third year ~ 42k, fourth year, etc...

Sep 9, 14 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Jeep

question.

how much is the difference if you have license ?

Sep 9, 14 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Cheers guys, thank you for all of the info! 

Sep 9, 14 1:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: