Archinect
anchor

Survey: What Skills are Most Needed?

WildMango

I'd like to know everyone's opinion on what they think or feel are the most needed applicable skills (or what they feel is lacking) as someone progresses through their career. I've been working for a few years and am beginning to wonder if my experience is too shallow and singular.  Thoughts appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1. Most needed skill for a new graduate?

2. Most needed skill for an intern architect (2-5yrs experience)?

3. Most needed skill for a new architect (freshly licensed)?

4. Most needed skill for an architect (3-6 yrs experience)?

Jul 25, 14 4:35 pm
LITS4FormZ

1. Dedication, willingness to learn

2. Follow direction, absorb/retain information

3. Direct others on tasks, track progress, coordinate effort

4. Understand the dollars and cents 

Jul 25, 14 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

WildMango

1. Most needed skill for a new graduate? – CADD Skills.

2. Most needed skill for an intern (2-5yrs experience)? – CADD Skills.

3. Most needed skill for a new architect (freshly licensed)? – CADD Skills, this is where they start looking at you differently and offer different tasks, grab them!

4. Most needed skill for an architect (3-6 yrs experience)? – CADD Skills, at 5 you are branching into some design (if you’re good) and project management skills.

Add to that what LITS4FormZ offers. There is a thread titled sadly “Sick and tired of being a typical intern. When do I become a job captain”? Look there too..…hold up a wooden cross and walk past the title and go to the bottom for another layer of skills. Richard-Balkins-Assoc-AIA offers some insightful thoughts on the skills of personality and appearance.

Jul 26, 14 11:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: