Archinect
anchor

Check this out.

x-jla

http://m.vice.com/read/the-totalitarian-buddhist-who-beat-sim-city

Never played sim city but I love watching these vice documentaries....just came across this kinda insane one and thought id share.  It's by a 22 year old arch student from Philippines who beat sim city.   

Jul 18, 14 9:37 pm
CD.Arch
Very cool. However I had a hard time getting the page to format to my phone screen, so I only read the article. Interesting nonetheless.
Jul 19, 14 9:14 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Cd, I'm obsessed with the idea of utopia and dystopia portrayed in film.    I've seen just about every movie that attempts to illustrate dystopian or utopian places or just fantasy landscapes. This video is leading me to start looking at gaming worlds (which i know little about) since I've pretty much seen most of the imaginary worlds depicted in cinema.  The documentary that this student claims inspiration from ,koyanisquatsi (hopi word for life out of balance), is fantastic and IMO a must see for any arch, film, art, or design enthusiast.  I saw it in a 101 class as an undergrad and watched it 3 times since.  If you liked this video you should check that out.  Its free on YouTube.  

Jul 19, 14 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
I'll take a look, sounds very interesting. I also enjoy the idea of utopian societies. Perhaps I will look into it, and we can discuss. Do you know any books or sources I could take a look at?
Jul 19, 14 4:49 pm  · 
 · 

@jla-x what about utopia in the lived sense such as this?

Jul 21, 14 8:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: