Archinect
anchor

Venice Architecture Biennale National pavilions

Following the harsh debate here on Archinect on Rem Koolhaas' biennale I can give you my experience after having visited almost all national pavilions. Koolhaas asked every pavilion curator to provide a reply at his question "What modernity meant in your country during the last 100 years?" I selected 20 pavilions and I integrated my photos with further documents from the exhibitions' material.
I did not express an opinion about the various exhibitions, I have acted as a plain witness; anyway my selection already reflects my preferences.
As maybe you know, I am not among the many who deem Koolhaas' biennale a crap, I instead think it is one of the most valuable among the 9 editions I visited in the past years.
If you want here is the index with links to all full coverages http://www.inexhibit.com/case-studies/national-pavilions-14th-architecture-biennale/

Jun 28, 14 12:27 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: