Archinect
anchor

AA:EmTech:2014

Hello,
I'm a prospective AA Student, joining EmTech(MArch) course this Sept.
It would be great to know who else has taken up the course this year.
I will be looking out for accommodation, and would like to share a place.So if anyone else is looking for one, or has place available to share, please contact me at chavanchaitanya@gmail.com.
Do post a comment if you are going to AA this year.

May 29, 14 6:53 pm
lukeggg

Hey Chatanya,

Congratulations on getting accepted into the AA program. I still have a year until I finish my B.Arch but I am seriously considering going into the EmTech(M.Arch) or the DRL at the AA once I graduate. Obviously at this point you can't give me any of your views on the program as you have not started yet, but I am wondering if you can tell me about what you submitted in order to get accepted. Is there any chance you can post a link to your portfolio, or your GPA, or some other information that will let me know if I would even get accepted to the school?

Thanks,

May 29, 14 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

Hey Luke

Great to hear from you.
While you apply to AA(or to any of the arch universities for that matter), you usually need to have a precise and sound architectural portfolio.You may put only a select few of your relevant projects.Or you can make a university/course oriented folio.Try sampling from a variety of folios available online to get a perspective of what is to be done, and build your own. Try to make it unique and interesting.
Apart from a folio, you would need to prepare a Statement of Purpose, which is an essay about you primarily , and why do you think you fit right in the chosen course.
And if you hail from any of the non English speaking countries(as the form claims!) you may have to appear for an English exam (IELTS/TOEFL).
I would however advise you to have at least a year's professional experience before you go for a Masters degree. Working in an official setup becomes instrumental in learning the actual trade tips and tricks.It's completely your choice though.
All the very best. 

May 31, 14 5:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: