Behind the Archinect Curtain

A micro-blog for sharing some Archinect behind-the-scenes action

Archinect's new Account Settings page

Archinect Jun 12 '12 7

Good news - accessing and editing your account and profile settings just got a whole lot easier!

We recently launched the completely redesigned Account Edit Settings page which is the new one-stop control center for Archinect users to manage their account and (if applicable) profiles, blogs, job ads, job applications, and Talent Finder subscriptions. We consolidated and simplified a number of separate pages into one easy-to-use page where following adjustments are now just one click away:

• My Account: Edit your username, email, password, and email notifications.
    • My Profiles: Don't have an Archinect Profile yet? Simply start one right from here! - And if you already manage a People, Firm, and/or School Profile, you can easily edit and add information on it.
    • My Blogs: Start your own blog on Archinect and control all blog settings in this section.
    • My Jobs:
      For Employers: Here you can easily post a new listing to the Archinect Job Board, check on your current listings, and view your applications. You can also control your subscription to Archinect's Talent Finder section or start one if you wish to browse thousands of profiles and find the right talent for your team.
      For Job Seekers: View all of your job applications submitted via Archinect's online application system

You can access the new Account Settings page by clicking the 'Edit Settings' button which is right above the 'Log Out' button in the main navigation column on the left of all Archinect pages.

• Krysten BurtonKrysten Burton
      Jan 4, 14 7:15 pm

The only thing I can't figure out how to do is delete my profile entirely. How do I do that?

Jan 5, 14 1:25 am

Just send us an email and we can take care of that for you.

Steven WardSteven Ward
      Jan 6, 14 8:47 am

any way to copy a project profile from your firm to your personal portfolio and vice versa without re-entering the whole thing?

Jan 7, 14 2:25 pm

Steven - no, we don't have a feature like that. Typically, projects posted to individuals profiles are different types of projects than projects posted to firm/company profiles, so it isn't something we have considered investing in developing. We do understand, however, that it would be very helpful feature to a few people.

Steven WardSteven Ward
      Jan 8, 14 8:54 am

thanks! and you're right, what i would put in one place is (mostly) different from the other. but there have been a couple times i've been interested in putting something both places.

Gregory WalkerGregory Walker
      Jan 8, 14 7:56 pm

Hey - so I've got a question for you about the blogs - is there any way to see the metrics (views, where, etc) for my own? I have people telling me they read it in the strangest places, but I'd be curious to see a kind of dashboard for it.

Jan 8, 14 8:37 pm

Gregory - we don't currently have stats for blogs, but we've considered adding a daily visitor statistics chart. We currently have that for the job ads.

This blog is intended to keep a brief record of not-so-obvious updates and changes to Archinect.

• Archinect