UC Berkeley Geography

This is Javier's old retired blog.

Sep '06 - Oct '06

thanks for not tearing down Rand Hall

Javier Arbona Sep 23 '06 11

so far, those plans for the Cornell Arch school don't call for the demo of Rand Hall. Not fancy nor pretty, just a big fucking chunker for working...and partying. Here is Dragon Day 1995 (or 96?). Marlin Watson and I are in there somewhere. (thanks to Zano for the pic).

• swisscardlite
      Sep 23, 06 12:54 pm

looks just like one of the parties we just had at Rand Hall...happy desk day!

vado retro
      Sep 23, 06 1:09 pm

turn it into a disco lounge with mirror balls and sofas!

Javier ArbonaJavier Arbona
      Sep 23, 06 3:31 pm

we did for a while and then Werner Goehrner made us clean it up... There even were the ruins of a smelly male stripper's outfit who had a confrontation with the gentleman in the baseball hat above.

rebelliousz_poet
      Sep 23, 06 5:26 pm

ahh the good old days... humm i am even partially tempted to apply to grad school... humm wait... guess not... but i sure do miss it...

Marlin
      Sep 23, 06 10:33 pm

Kissy_Face's comment from the discussion thread on Millstein hall:

"I remember as a fifth year thinking that the newbies looked young...until I dug up pictures of myself from first year. I looked like a 12 yr old with an xacto knife..."

Agreed, especially considering that hideous hawaiian shirt i'm sporting. Javier, thanks for providing a Saturday-long laugh for me and my gal.

*sigh* I miss everybody in that photo.

Javier ArbonaJavier Arbona
      Sep 23, 06 10:44 pm

hey Marlin, is this 95 or 96?
      ...You're complaining about a shirt on dragon day? Did you see my tie??

Marlin
      Sep 24, 06 6:24 am

a note: to be honest, Javier, i thought this was a photograph of "Sprinkler Day '95" (you freshman are so fucked!!!!,) but i couldn't rationalize the goggles given such a scenario. Needless to say, this evening's drinking has amplified the impact of the foto.

Thank you so much.

BTW: sprinkler day: you freshman are fucked!!!!

kablakistan
      Sep 24, 06 11:21 am

Yea, it looks like some people are wearing goggles, which implies Sprinkler Day to me.

Also looks a little warm for March... windows open, t-shirts on... green trees... who know though, Ithaca weather is fickle.

Javier ArbonaJavier Arbona
      Sep 24, 06 11:44 am

Yeah... that would bea good reason to be wearing a tie... Cus I really don't think I ever wore a tie to dragon day.

Javier ArbonaJavier Arbona
      Sep 24, 06 11:46 am

It's not sprinkler day... I think you mean picture day. and therefore the ties.

Javier ArbonaJavier Arbona