Hitting the clubs on a weekday used to be a sport for alcoholics and the unemployed, but these days everyone's doing it. It helps that most bars and clubs now have “nights” with everything from cheap drinks and strippers to retro and house.
If you are going to go out for a big one during the week and you have a job of some description or class that you are expected at the next morning, there are a few things you can do to ensure some brain activity by 8 am.
DRINK LOTS- Water that is, not alcohol. If you're dancing fairly solidly, you should be drinking about 600 ml of the clear stuff an hour (that's one PUMP-sized bottle). If you've taken any drugs, make sure you are drinking enough Ã¢â‚¬“ dehydration can be dangerous.
- Avoid caffeine and sugary drinks, they'll not only make you stay up long after you get home, they will also increase the effects of dehydration
- Alternate alcohol and water
- Stop drinking at least a few hours before you want to go home
DON'T MIX- Drugs and drugs
- Drugs and alcohol
- Pregnancy, drugs and/or alcohol
- Cocaine and sex (impotence is a common side-effect)
- Large quantities of legal drugs eg: The BOMB, One4b, Redz etc”¦
- Amphetamines (Speed etc..) and an empty stomach - unless you want to completely wreck your insides
- Alcohol, drugs and driving Ã¢â‚¬“ they say don't operate machinery or drive for a reason, you're all fucked up and your body has to recover.
POST-GETTING BACK HOME- Have a drink Ã¢â‚¬“ water is good, but an electrolytic drink like Powerade is best
- Eat some multivitamins to replace what you have lost
- Have some OJ or Berocca to up your Vitamin B and C levels
- SLEEEEEEPPPPP because a little is better than none
- Eat some food Ã¢â‚¬“ bananas will kick start your brain matter and carbs are great (bread, rice, pasta etc”¦) Make it a banana sammie
- Chill out Ã¢â‚¬“ listen to some lounge or have a chat with friends, just as long as you're not moving too much
- Don't take more drugs Ã¢â‚¬“ using sleeping pills will just make you feel more wasted when you get to work/class
- Have an energy drink Ã¢â‚¬“ not ideal but at least you'll feel a bit more alive
LONG TERM Try a health shop for amino acids and other vitamin formulations that help repair some of the damage from partying
Don't go hard EVERY week Ã¢â‚¬“ give yourself a break once a month or so and just chill out at a movie or something. It's cheaper and you won't feel like shit in the morning.
If the comedown period is lasting longer than usual, St Johns Wart is a natural alternative to taking more drugs to combat depression.