Archinect
anchor

Without prairie bookstore, where to look in Chicago

cmrhm

Man, I am missing Chicago prairie bookstore. I the past I could just cross the street and entered the building, browsing for inspirations on lunch break. If I need to look for some books, I just go there. It was a library and bookstore for me.

Wherelse I can go now?

Jul 13, 10 11:07 am
mespellrong

The seminary coop in Hyde park has a decent architecture section -- although it tends to classics, bug name designers, and academic manuscripts. The Powells in the south loop has a big selection, but you have to be willing to dig to find good stuff.

Jul 13, 10 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
blah

I agree. I miss it too. The things I have learned from books there has propelled my knowledge and career to new heights.

Chandler's Medium, Rare, Well-Done Books on Clark and Wellington used to have a big selection and low prices. Has anyone been there recently?

I thought that Powell's in the South Loop was closed? Seminary is a great institution. Love that big table of the new releases down in the Coop basement on 58th Street.

Jul 13, 10 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: