Archinect
anchor

2010 tour de france

holz.box

as the 2010 world cup winds down (DE!!), the 2010 tour de france is underway.

anyone catch the spills during today's stage? was a jaunt down memory lane for holz - i lived in belgium as a youngster. tomorrow's runs just north of mons, where we actually lived. makes me want to go back... and have some decent beer.

thoughts as to lance making a jordan-esque comeback?

other strong contenders?

best places to watch? here in seattle, cafe press is probably one of the better options...

Jul 5, 10 8:21 pm
o7o...

Hey Holz, I'm doing my best to keep up on the net since I don't have Versus. Lance to me is still hands down the smartest rider of them all but man is he aging. He won a race this season so he has proven himself. And having Cont's entire team from last year! Lotsa money, a great coach, its his to win. I am more for the old dogs than I am for Lance being an American, although that's cool too.

Jul 5, 10 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Despite its many and public failings, cycling is still my favorite professional sport. And of course, the TdF is the greatest event in all of cycling.

This should be a great race. Lance's elderly physiology+team discipline vs. Contador's quickness, or Schleck's climbing. Will Wiggo fade... again? Can Cadel Evans lose and actually blame no one but himself? Will the first doping positive have any GC significance?

Jul 6, 10 12:49 am  · 
 · 
o7o...

A few of the convicted dopers a few years ago are starting to reappear - Basso

Jul 6, 10 1:20 am  · 
 · 
o7o...

I'd watch for the Schlecks

Jul 6, 10 1:22 am  · 
 · 
usernametaken

Then you'd rather only watch for one of the Schlecks, the other's in hospital. Anyway, I'm guessing it will be contador (again). He's simply the best all-round rider. And as much as I respect Lance Armstrong, I think it's not quite possible for a 39-year-old guy to beat everyone again. Even if he has a great team. Even if he is perfectly prepared. Top 5 is possible for him, but not the first place. Also, consider that he's also more than a minute behind contador already in the overall standing, after today...

Anyway, my expectations:

1) Contador
2) Evans
3) Andy Schleck
4) Armstrong
5) Basso

Jul 6, 10 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: