Archinect
anchor

Continuing Education - 3DS Max Classes in NYC?

Hi,

I would like to learn 3DS Max and my boss is willing to pay for classes. Any have suggestions on where I can learn 3DS Max in the NYC area?

Thanks,

Steve

Jun 30, 10 9:06 am
BlueMoon

PRATT Continuing Education in Manhattan
New York School of Interior Design - continuing education

From my experience with NYSID - it offers more comprehensive classes (lighting is not separated into a different course from modeling), but also more expensive. I haven't taken 3D Max in NYSID, but in terms of Rhino and AutoCAD 3D is was VERY GOOD!

PRATT - 3D Max is somewhat divided into different courses, but the instructor I had was good (not VERY GOOD) and accessible.

I would not go with 3 day programs from any "software tutoring schools", as 3D max is very different (logic-wise) than AutoCAD and RHino, so you will need time to absorb and practice, practice, practice... something that you will never be able to do between class of 3 day programs.

Good luck!

P.S. ... all of the above is just a subjective opinion of the author...

Jun 30, 10 10:23 am  · 
1  · 
LML

sorry to piggyback on your thread doza....but I wonder about what people have found online for 3DS Max--specifically, anything architecture related (I've already seen the basic Lynda.com series). After sketchup and rhino, I'm having a tough time figuring out a few basic commands in Max that I'm accustomed to...

Jun 30, 10 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
stevekim

thanks for the tip, doza!

Jul 1, 10 4:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: