Archinect
anchor

Questions: Pre Architecture.

Abishek

Dear forum, 

I am currently a 17 year old student who definitely wants to go into architecture in the future. Due to many internal, domestic and social problems the majority of my high school life has been difficult which is why I have truly decided to pursue a career in architecture rather than one in law. Due to to this change I cannot go back and take different subjects and do them to a much higher level for example, I cannot apply to Cambridge School of Architecture or other top UK schools because of my subject choice. I would just like to ask the forum a few queries I have in regards to architecture and would be extremely grateful to receive a few answers.

Firstly, is the university you enter for undergraduate architecture extremely important when it comes to acquiring a job or is it solely based on the work you produce?  

That's the only question I have right now. 

Thank you, 

May 11, 14 10:34 am
TED

What are you doing your A levels in and what are your predicted marks?

Since in the UK [right now] you have to do part 1, 2 and 3, I would choose the top school you can get in but be careful its not too hard - its more important to get a 2.1 or 1st with your undergrad so it give you the most choices for part 2. 

You should know the UK like the US is full of Cronyism-class privilege.  so your answer is sometimes it is where you go to school, sometimes it is who you or your parents know and sometimes its about the work you produce - there is not one answer to that question.  However - for the top practices, the ones you really wish to work for, it is primarily the work you produce. Full stop.

May 11, 14 2:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: