Archinect
anchor

Philly Job Market...

hippofat1

Considering a move from the West Coast to Philly. Wondering what the job market is like there?? Out here there has been a few more jobs posted lately for intermediate and senior levels, but still very very few for junior positions. I am hoping it's a little better in the East, particularly in Philly?

Jun 28, 10 1:18 am
prairie school drop out

quite a few recent penn grads in philly looking for those same, elusive jobs.

Jun 28, 10 10:24 am  · 
 · 
prairie school drop out

not to mention grads from other schools too, but i personally know of a bunch of penn grads out of work/doing misc stuff, so i'm not sure philly's the bounty of jobs you're hoping for

Jun 28, 10 10:25 am  · 
 · 
phld21

From what I've seen, Philly is about the same. There are some upper-level positions available, but not much for junior designers. I did see a couple ads though. None of my friends who graduated this past spring have found anything architecture related so far. Good Luck.

Jun 28, 10 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
phld21

From what I've seen, Philly is about the same. There are some upper-level positions available, but not much for junior designers. I did see a couple ads though. None of my friends who graduated this past spring have found anything architecture related so far. Good Luck.

Jun 28, 10 1:17 pm  · 
 · 

i know that kieran timberlake was looking for a few people recently... the last time that i talked to someone there, they still didn't have a signed contract for the new us embassy in london, but once that happens i imagine that they'll be looking for some more people...

Jun 29, 10 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
hippofat1

Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to hear unfortunately, but thanks. Any good news out there?

Jul 2, 10 2:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: