Archinect
anchor

Heads start on my thesis

Taylor007

Note. In the Second year Architectural Technology Program at George Brown College Toronto Canada

My upper Classmate/best friend told me about the thesis project for english next year and I want to small heads start.

I don't want an topic from anyone just an very very general direction to start off my research.

I have some broad ideas that will need to be specified, but I think I am still biting off more than I can chew

1. Suburban sprawl in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)

2. Architecture the Profession in Canada

3. Architectural Education in Canadian Colleges

4. Social Housing in the GTA

Note. after we do the thesis we have to do a presentation on it in front of the class

Jun 11, 10 12:50 pm
LB_Architects

Those topics sound too hard. I suggest you drop out.

Jun 11, 10 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
Milwaukee08

Um, this is a thesis for an English class? Judging by your questionable grammar in the post above, should we assume that English isn't your first language?

And I'm also confused by what you mean when you say thesis. Down here in the states a thesis is usually the final project you do in school, generally when getting a Masters degree.

Is it just a research paper for a class?

Jun 11, 10 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

at my program in the states, we do have a thesis. We have to actually publish a book presenting our research or project, it becomes a permanent part of the College of Architecture library.

Jun 11, 10 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
Taylor007

Sorry English is not my first language.

I meant research paper.

I'm starting another internship next term and I won't have a lot of time to commit to the paper, so I'm asking for some guidance to make this paper less time consuming.

Jun 11, 10 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
Endooo

Perhaps it's a Canadian thing?

At my school, we have a "thesis" project during the last semester of your fourth year. This basically translates into, from what I've been told, making up your own research intensive project.

Jun 12, 10 12:27 am  · 
 · 
Taylor007

It's not an Canadian thing, just my school thing. George Brown is a technical school but loves English/Technical writing, so we have one every year.

http://www.georgebrown.ca/Marketing/FTCal/buildtech/T109.aspx

Jun 12, 10 5:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: