Archinect
anchor

life suuuuuucks

whyARCH?

agree? disagree?

May 29, 10 2:02 pm
JoeyD

come on now. whats so bad about living paycheck to paycheck and paying off student loans while being a 40 year old architect with no assets, car, home or money? Isnt that why we got into this in the first place?

May 29, 10 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

if that is your life JoeyD, than well I guess mine doesn't suck too bad, it only sucks because architecture is a leach to the brain THAT CANNOT BE REMOVED!!

May 29, 10 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
metal

these guys thought life sucked too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Architects_who_committed_suicide

May 29, 10 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

living paycheck to paycheck would be kinda nice right. beats looking for a job, waiting for unemployment to kick in, and not trying to deplete savings. suhweeet!

May 29, 10 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
zen maker

Sometimes, I wish I was a bird, just flying around, eating ants, singing in the morning...

May 29, 10 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

life in general?

or life as an architect?

could be that it does but complaining isn't going to make it nicer for me so i guess it is what it is.

May 30, 10 12:50 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

My corkscrew just broke off in the cork of the bottle of merlot I'm trying to open.

May 30, 10 3:21 am  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

I think being a bird would be the life. that is as simple as it gets until you are eaten by a cat

May 30, 10 3:40 am  · 
 · 
Architecture is a leach to the brain that cannot be removed.

I actually very much enjoy this description.

And why not show the world the mis/good fortune of your relationship with architecture?

May 30, 10 8:06 am  · 
 · 

obviously being a duck would be the best. swim, fly, waddle. your choice.

or just float along.

May 30, 10 9:31 am  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

You know, I would love to wear one of these shirts, but they are always sold out!

May 30, 10 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
Purpurina

There is one that glows in the dark ;)

May 30, 10 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

yes but that is for ladies which I am not....sigh

May 30, 10 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I've went from winning or placing in every design competition I've ever submitted to... to not winning a single one this month.

:( and this has been a good month for me.

May 31, 10 12:41 am  · 
 · 
Larchinect

'My corkscrew just broke off in the cork of the bottle of merlot I'm trying to open.'

'I've went from winning or placing in every design competition I've ever submitted to... to not winning a single one this month.

:( and this has been a good month for me.'

You have to be about the most pretentious member of this forum.

May 31, 10 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I'll take that as a compliment. And, there's some irony here.

I've been deciding between buying:

By Common Projects

... or, OR, or ... these:

/
By Dior
(Both available from www.colette.fr)

And I'm choosing between these godly shoes while enjoying the hell out of some CocoRosie ... "Werewolf" by Cocorosie to be exact.

Pretentious? Sure.
But any concept were an object is observed from a vantage point changes when the object observes the vantage point-- one person's wholesomeness can be another person's pretense.

That is unless you want to quantify some variety of cultural group whose bias and motivation is a complex average of society that everyone should strive towards emulating.

May 31, 10 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
BlueMoon

the second pair of shoes pretends to be something more sophisticated & mature than the first pair, that pretends to be nothing more than a ... a... just a cool pair of shoes (?)

... BTW... life actually is a beautiful thing if you are looking at it in perspective.

Jun 1, 10 3:46 am  · 
 · 
Larchinect

'But any concept were an object is observed from a vantage point changes when the object observes the vantage point-- one person's wholesomeness can be another person's pretense.

That is unless you want to quantify some variety of cultural group whose bias and motivation is a complex average of society that everyone should strive towards emulating. '

Case in point.

Jun 1, 10 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
achensch

yes, it sucks.

Jun 1, 10 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

finally, a realistic person's answer.

Jun 1, 10 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
iheartbooks

Life was great for the last three days, sucked today, maybe it will be great again a week from thursday and then bad for a bit.

I do love the week-long stretches of joyfulness, but they seem to be getting more the exception then the norm.

i Just opened-up to a bunch of strangers on the internet, great. Tomorrow is looking just dandy.

Jun 1, 10 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
zen maker

I don't mind to be a bird and be eaten by a cat, better than to be eaten by SallieMae.

Jun 2, 10 12:52 am  · 
 · 
Thom Yorke

bump

Jul 27, 10 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

Look, life mostly sucks because you die at the end of it. If your life is so bad that your would prefer to be dead right now I'd look into it right away.

Jul 27, 10 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
TaliesinAGG

Life would suck, having to drink Merlot.....whats next sport?....White Zin?

Jul 27, 10 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

white zin aint too bad, 6 bucks a bottle and does the job everytime.

Jul 27, 10 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

It is only 6 bucks because it takes you 6 bottles just to get tipsy...

Jul 27, 10 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

if you need 6 bottles then you are
A- incredibly obese
or
B- an alcoholic

Jul 27, 10 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

if you need 6 bottles then you are obese

most every1 on the internets is obese

thus,

PARADOXX86 IS OBESE LOL!!!1

Jul 27, 10 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

Uhmm..ok.I see we have some people with low IQs on this thread so let me speak in simpler terms.
First of all the 6 bottles comment shouldn't have taken "literally".What I meant was zinfandel has much less alcohol percentage compared to regular wine.I think around 5-6% therefore it is hard to feel anything when you only drink 2 glasses of it.

Secondly my favorite wine is Chianti.2 glasses is enough for me to get drunk.

And lastly,I do weight training 3 days a week so I have an athletic body.I probably have more muscles than whyARCH or jk3hl (along with brains).Muscular but lean.How do I do that? I limit wine consumption to a couple of times a month and mainly stick to vodka(not more than 2 shots though) because vodka has the lowest amount of carbs.

Case closed.

Jul 27, 10 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
architectonik

if you have your health and you all your limbs, life is good

Jul 27, 10 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Obstsalat

hey, I don't eat at all, and it takes me a thimble-full of zin to get me drunk. I win!

Jul 27, 10 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

agreed architectonik

Jul 27, 10 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
pdigi

Those shoes by Common Project look pretty dope.

Luckily, I'm in good health and I have supportive family and friends.

I also just got laid off by the second architecture job in less than a year.. one that actually paid and had reasonable hours!

Life, is almost sucky.

Jul 28, 10 10:41 am  · 
 · 
Larchinect

"Uhmm..ok.I see we have some people with low IQs on this thread..."

Paradoxxx !!!!1!! pwned with muscles.

Jul 28, 10 11:54 am  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

it's really easy to say that you are on shape online....

I make 340K/yr. My body can be compared to Brad Pitt's in Fight Club.

Jul 28, 10 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

in*

Jul 28, 10 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

"I make 340K/yr."

I assume that's the reason you go for cheap 6$ per bottle wines.Ha! :P

Jul 28, 10 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

"And lastly,I do weight training 3 days a week so I have an athletic body.I probably have more muscles than whyARCH or jk3hl (along with brains).Muscular but lean.How do I do that? I limit wine consumption to a couple of times a month and mainly stick to vodka(not more than 2 shots though) because vodka has the lowest amount of carbs.

Case closed."

Well good for you, but you're still gonna die.....case closed.

Jul 28, 10 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

I was just making a point that anyone can be anybody online. and if i made 340k i'd still buy 6 dollar wine. Im cheap.

Jul 28, 10 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I have been feeling alot like life sucks lately for a number of reasons and yet somehow I pull it together and keep on going on. Finances are in the can, I keep trying to finish up projects that want to stick to me like super-glue. Then I'm being tossed about in America's great legal system (no fault of my own other than being an Architect).

So today I get an e-mail from my uncle...long retired who tells me my cousin who lost both of her parents on New Years Eve in a tragic automobile accident which involved a drunk driver needs some help for her daughter who needs braces. I might add the only person who survived the accident was my cousin and she was less than a year old at the time. My uncle is asking all of us relatives to kick in and help pay the expense for the dental work, because if she doesn't have it now she will need oral surgery later.

So life Sucks....but then you might be able to do something for a cousins daughter and it makes everything a heck of alot better.

Jul 28, 10 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
pdigi

snook_dude:

Sorry to hear about your family situation. Every time I feel my life can't get any worse, something like that happens to one of my friends and puts me back in check.

"So life Sucks....but then you might be able to do something for a cousins daughter and it makes everything a heck of alot better."

Preach.

Jul 28, 10 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

Yes.Anyone can be anybody online.Therefore it is wrong to pass rumors/judgements about somebody you don't know right?

Jul 28, 10 11:17 pm  · 
 · 

Nice post, snook. Good luck to your cousin's daughter, that's a very rough situation but she's fortunate to have family that cares.

Amazing how doing something nice for someone else really changes one's outlook.

Let's hope those of us hanging in there can keep hanging.

Jul 29, 10 12:25 am  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

it's called f***in with you...

Jul 29, 10 3:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: