Archinect
anchor

Transcending greatness!

gonad

Ever have a feeling you were put on earth to do something incredible? Something on a totally different level from what you could imagine but find yourself getting frustrated because you just don't know what it actually could be?
It might not even be architecture related, who knows?

May 27, 10 8:42 am
mjfw

Yea, I remember the first time I tried LSD.

May 27, 10 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
BlueMoon

perhaps architects should do more LSD to make this world a better place.
Just kidding =)

From previous post I got the impression that architect are generally either pot-smoking or straight edge buddies.

May 27, 10 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

hugs not drugs !!

May 27, 10 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
BlueMoon

judging from your experience and encounters?
As I said, from the forum posts and what I've seen so far- most of the arch. population are not users or boozer. I've met a plenty of straight edges.

May 27, 10 9:28 pm  · 
 · 

There's a plaque on a garden wall near my house with a quote that essentially says we're not afraid of failure, we're afraid that we're actually powerful beyond our imagination and can accomplish anything once we commit to doing it.

And then there's this quote, from Daniel Pink, that I love:

Most people are more frightened of failure than of mediocrity. It should be the reverse.

Failure is a broken leg — painful, but easily fixed. Mediocrity is a creeping disease — invisible and insidious — that disables so completely that there’s often no recovery.

May 27, 10 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Straight edge? All I see here is a bunch of T-squares.

May 27, 10 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
Tattoos, dyed hair, and piercings are also a great preliminary indicator of vaccuousness on the part of the person who did such things to themselves. A form of self-loathing to be sure. And its not exactly screaming to civilization: "take me seriously and trust me with your big decisions and oportunity for financial profit..."

Well, tattoos and piercings a form of cultural fetish-- an activity done to promote the bind of social groups with tribe-like social arrangements.

Dyed hair, much like fashion, is a form of a mask-and-dance tradition. Neither are really representative of one's mental health status.

And this...

are more one of the same than this:

May 27, 10 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Of course, if you are who I think you are... you already know that because you have a Master's in Fine Art from Rutgers.

May 27, 10 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
Larchinect

In all seriousness, I feel that I'm capable of so much more, but I'm stuck where I'm at..in mediocrity, in small-town America and time is running out.

May 30, 10 7:45 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

turn on, tune in, drop out !!

May 30, 10 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Larchinect

I wish more architects did drugs.

May 30, 10 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

so do i !!

it sure would reduce competition/job availability ..

May 30, 10 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Larchinect

And make for a more interesting business environment.

May 30, 10 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: