Archinect
anchor

this kind of building contiune to keep me

cmrhm

With low income from design market, it is hard to concentrate in architecture field. But I always feel empowered by such useful buildings.

http://abbs.com.cn/news/read.php?cate=3&recid=29113

May 20, 10 2:27 am
erjonsn

pardon me?

May 20, 10 2:49 am  · 
 · 
outsidetheblob

i think he means even in this shitty economy, buildings like these still give him hope.

May 20, 10 2:56 am  · 
 · 
erjonsn

I wish I read Chinese.

May 20, 10 3:05 am  · 
 · 
issacrhim

ditto.. err. so what does the article say..?

May 20, 10 4:56 am  · 
 · 
do2

I think he said he has a shitty income but he is empowered and continues to push for the cause when he sees buildings like that.

May 20, 10 8:04 am  · 
 · 
alexstitt

allow me to translate:

"blah blah..Charles Jencks..blah blah..architectural placebo effect..blah blah..Frank Gehry..blah blah..Richard Rogers..blah blah..Rem Koolhaas..blah blah..Edward Cullinan..blah blah..Kisho Kurokawa.."

fake buildings created by spline tools give me hope as well.

May 20, 10 10:12 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

folks:

This is one of the cancer treatment building. Sorry, don't have time to translate into english.

keyword for search: Charles Jencks, his wife, frank gehry.

May 20, 10 10:21 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

you guys need to get google chrome... it translates pages of other languages for you with the click of a button.

May 20, 10 10:24 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie%27s_Centres
May 20, 10 11:54 am  · 
 · 
l3wis

why are some people so deprecating towards 'cool architecture'. there's a reason why people think it's "cool". and it's uncool to piss on people that may not have your sophisticated tastes.

May 20, 10 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

jk3hl, I'd blame the schools for that one.

And here's the article...quick and dirty translation

Hospital are considered to be bad buildings. But studies have shown that the natural environment can improve human health. Buildings such as the, "Magee Medical Center," further promote this idea.

The Magee Medical Center, a series of cancer treatment equipment, that includes the architecture of the space in the recovery process. They did not replace chemotherapy, but added a new element. They stressed that basic living conditions, such as natural light; more space, causes more patients to feel comfortable in the outdoor landscape. "Magee Medical Center," the visionary design, by theorists Charles - Jencks (Charles Jencks) called "comfort building role" (architectural placebo effect.). The center with his wife, named Maggie. Magee died of breast cancer in 1993.

Thus, from the nineties, the "Magee Medical Center" appears across the UK. Their designers are Frank - Gehry (Frank Gehry), Zaha - Hadid (Zaha Hadid) and Richard - Rogers (Richard Rogers) and so on. Now, "Magee Medical Center" in the organization plans to build another seven, "Magee Medical Center." Their designers include Rem - Rem Koolhaas (Rem Koolhaas) - Third graph; Edward - Kali Lan (Edward Cullinan) - First graph; Kisho Kurokawa (Kisho Kurokawa) - Second graph.

In Britain, criticism of modern architecture has the advantage of a national "entertainment", as "Guardian" reported, "Magee Medical Center," the innovative design attracted a lot of comments. Some people say money is best used for research and purchase new medical equipment; there are some people suspect that good design can treat cancer. Others criticized the treatment of cancer to explore innovative design is to obtain Architecture Prize.

This is obviously an incomplete understanding. "Magee Medical Center," the building can not save the patient's life, but at least they reflect the attitude of hospital patients.

May 20, 10 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
led signal light

is very good.

jk3hl, shut up. all you do is piss on people who have better words than you do. go back to your drawings.

imho, this the winning topper:

keyword for search: Charles Jencks, his wife, frank gehry.

goodbye.

May 20, 10 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
led signal light

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2010/may/06/maggies-centres-cancer-architecture]Maggie's Centres: can architecture cure cancer?
Cancer care doesn't have to mean grim hospital wards, believes Maggie's co-founder Charles Jencks: uplifting buildings benefit both body and soul. But are they just an architectural placebo?[/url]

May 20, 10 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: