Archinect
anchor

Professional Cut Sheets

Larchinect

Can anyone point me in a direction for examples on (creative/interesting) professional cut sheets, particularly formatted for print or pdf?

I need to create some cut sheets for my small office and want to try to break out of the mold a bit.

Any help appreciated..

Thanks.

May 17, 10 10:37 am

haven't seen many cut sheets that break out of a classic 'grid' format. Since they are often created on the fly when an RFP lands on your desk, keep the format simple so you can drag and drop the images/plans, project team, narrative, et cetera on at a moments notice. Helps if you have a standard swatch palette, photo format, and font ready to go.

Also, are you trying to get hired for your graphic ability or your ability to deliver a project?

May 17, 10 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
Larchinect

Well,

I created a 'standard' cut sheet format for my office a few weeks ago, but we have an RFQ for a university project which I thought it might be beneficial to show a little more creativity/peronality/whatever. The sheets I created are in the standard grid format and maybe thats okay.

I just feel like it's a little too standard, especially considering we must do these sheets in black and white-- really makes you think about the layout and content over the color and graphic flair.

May 17, 10 9:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: